Zumanity at New York New York
Just The Facts, Please.
New York, New York
Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat & Sun.
7:30pm & 10:00pm
Dark on Wed & Thurs
Cirque du Soleil
Zumanity, The Sensual Side of Cirque du Soleil Show Tagline
Mavens Overview: Zumanity
Zumanity is the Cirque du Soleil show at New York New York. The show is performed in a cabaret style theater, giving the show a much more intimate feel. The intimate feel is particularly appropriate since sex and titillation is the subject matter of the show. The show has its share of acrobatics, all done on a smaller scale to fit the theater.
The Interent Buzz is mostly favorable, most people seem to know ahead of time that this Cirque du Soleil show is a bit different than the others, particularly. Mystere, O, KA.
Internet Buzz: Zumanity
- The entire show was based on sex, which I was not expecting (until I saw the ushers wearing erotic clothes). While it was erotic, acrobatic and artsy, it was also comedic. Some people might find it offensive, but if you have a dirty sense of humor and you're not a prude about sex, then you should enjoy this show.
- Prior to the start of the show, performers walk up and down the aisles and interact with you. They will even come and sit on your lap and feed you strawberries! The show was tastefully done and truly achieves its goal of celebrating the beauty of the human body.
- Beyond the erotic appeal, those who have seen their share of acrobatic shows will probably not be impressed. The cast had great energy and the host was a doll but besides one or two acts, most of what you will see has been done before and stands out only because well.. they're naked.
- I knew this show was supposed to be sensual, but even so I was a little caught off guard by how different it was from Mystere. This show had a drag queen MC who engaged the crowd throughout the show. It was definitely far more interactive than Mystere. I enjoyed the comedic aspect and laughed at the skits that involved audience members being incorporated which surprised me since I usually don't like that kinda stuff.
- I liked the skit with the ladies swimming in the giant wine glass.
- Trust me when i say this. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A SHOW LIKE THIS!.. and i mean it in a GOOD way. it was very intriguing and so fascinating.. i could not close my eyes..
- I was expecting a large production, but was quite surprised to find that it was a smaller intimate setting. This was very welcoming, and made us feel connected with the cast. From the opening warm up through the last act, we were completely entertained. The cast was impeccable, brilliant, and beautiful. Simply put, you need to see this show. My wife and I want to thank everybody in the production for giving us a wonderful night. We will be back!
- Zumanity is the least acrobatic of all the Cirque shows, but probably the most entertaining, and definitely the funniest. Have a few drinks, loosen up and enjoy!
- I'm like one of the most reserved girls ever in terms of the topic of sex or anything having to do with subject matter that you would find on HBO, but I actually really loved this show! It was a pleasant surprise that topped off my uber exciting Vegas trip with my girls!