SW Steakhouse at Wynn
Just The Facts, Please.
The restaurant's large patio adjacent to the Lake of Dreams offers prime seating to view the water shows.
Sample Menu Items
Main courses feature several cuts of beef, including a bone-in rib-eye, bone-in New York strip steak, a porterhouse for two and a chile rubbed double rib-eye.
Sides include creamed corn with truffles, parmesan creamed spinach, au gratin potatoes and mushrooms and leeks.
You can add additional toppings to your steak, including Main lobster, foie gras, blue cheese or bacon and shallots.
Mavens Overview: SW Steakhouse
SW Steakhouse, as in Steve Wynn, is the Steakhouse at Wynn. As you would expect of a Steakhouse at Wynn, it is very good and very expensive.
The restaurant has patio that overlooks the "Lake of Dreams" where a short light and music show is performed every 30 minutes.
The Internet Buzz is mostly favorable for SW Steakhouse.
Internet Buzz: SW Steakhouse
- The location, view, decor and atmosphere of this place is perfect. My table had a partial view of the outside, and it was so beautiful and serene. The changing of the light colors outside by the trees is a nice touch.
- We had requested a table on the patio with a view of the lake. It is quite amazing that the las Vegas strip is beyond the waterfall and the foliage. The outdoor seating has a serene environment & puts you in an environment that has little to do with Vegas or the casino the restaurant is attached to. Although all this is erased every 30 minutes with the "lake of dreams show." Which while entertaining can be quite bizarre.
- I had a wedge salad with blue cheese and bacon. The bacon slice was amazing! I could have eaten a bowl of it. I then had the bone-in New York. It was cooked well but was lacking the charred outside which I so desire. It was a good steak nonetheless.
- I ordered the Bone-In New York medium-rare and it came out PERFECTLY! A nice crust with a center that was evenly cooked throughout. It wasn't over seasoned and there was no sauce to ruin it...just a beautiful piece of meal that's beautifully cooked. I couldn't have asked for more...MMMM! My top 3 steakhouses ever.
- Desert was the funnel cakes...yes, funnel cakes. I am not going to give anything away here, but you gotta get the funnel cakes.
- For dessert, the funnel cake is your "gotta try." Six personal-sized funnel cakes come out on branches of an elaborate tree, surrounded by fresh giant strawberries, chocolate sauce and caramel sauce.
- $60 for a Filet Mignon and I didn't even feel like I got ripped off!
- When you make your reservation you should request a view of the waterfall; there's no point in going to SW if you can't see it... what's impressive is the music/light show that takes place around it approximately every 30 minutes. The night I ate at SW there were numerous interludes including a Garth Brooks song sang by a giant frog (I realize that may sound rather annoying ... you just had to be there).
- Our dinner, including the corkage fee and the top cost us $580 or $145 per person. I really enjoyed the steak and the funnel cakes, but SW is hardly worth the money. I would take my business to Morton's, Del Frisco or Prime.
- WOW, just...wow. This is a piece of meat I will remember for the rest of my life.* I ordered my filet medium rare and the searing on the outside with sea salt was just amazing. The service was impeccable and the drinks were strong and tasty.