VooDoo Steak & Lounge at Rio
Just The Facts, Please.
Nightly 5pm - 11pm;
Lounge 7pm - 3am
No Celebrity Chef
Steakhouse with a French-Creole flair.
Four Prix Fixe menus are offered from $65-$95.
Located on the top floor of the RIO, on the 50th 51st floors. (really 40th and 41st floors since the Rio skips floors 40-49)
Sample Menu Items
VooDoo Steak serves two tiers of premium quality beef: Rio Premium Reserve and Rio Dry-Aged.
Start off your meal with our Bayou Seafood Platter or Prime Beef Tartare
Finish your meal with our signature dessert, the interactive and enjoyable VooDoo Dessert Fondue, or decadent delights like Bananas Foster or Chocolate Soufflé.
Mavens Overview: VooDoo
VooDoo Steak and Lounge at the Rio, is, as the name states, both a Steakhouse and a Lounge/Nightclub. You ride a glass enclosed elevator, on the outside of the Rio, forty or fifty floors up, depending on your floor counting scheme, to get to the VooDoo Lounge. The VooDoo Restaurant and Lounge has some of the best views of Las Vegas.
The Internet Buzz on VooDoo Steak and Lounge tends to focus more on the fantastic views from than on the food. The food gets reasonably favorable reviews, but if your focus is really on getting a great steak, there are many other places in Vegas that would place higher on the list.
Internet Buzz: VooDoo
- Best view of Las Vegas was on this outside club, yes, even better than Stratosphere and Paris. You see the backside of every Strip hotel, and it's too good to believe. You also see the backside of 2 go-go dancers wearing just ugg boots and not much else.
- Go here for the amazing view at night. It is one of the best I have ever seen.
- VooDoo Lounge has the most beautiful view from the top of the RIO. The drinks are pricey, but the atmosphere is worth it. Outside is a dance floor and bar as well as plenty of space to socialize.
- The Signature drink "Witch Doctor" ($30) is tasty and fun to watch as they make it. Be sure to get it.
- Restaurant. Lounge. Music. Food. Drinks. View. FUNNNNN! I didn't even know VooDoo Lounge was a steak house...Other than the view, the best aspect of eating at the restaurant is that you can get into the club without paying. YES, WITHOUT PAYING!!! In Vegas, not paying for entrance to any club is a treasure, pleasure, and all around good time already!!
- I consider myself a connoisseur of steakhouses, and I have to say, that this place just put itself right at the top of the list...The steak was fantastic. I had the NY Strip, and it was one of the best I think I've ever had. My girlfriend had the skirt steak and also couldn't say enough good things about it. The sides are not all that special, but they are solid and do compliment the meal nicely.
- The lobster at VooDoo is fresh, thick and scrumptious. If you love meat, the filet mignon is also to-die-for, and I'm salivating right now as I write this. I love, love, LOVE VooDoo's signature drinks. I highly recommend the Witch Doctor, which is an oversized cocktail that bubbles and steams like a witch's brew. Share with a friend.
- I've been to the VooDoo Steak & Lounge a few times for dinner in Vegas and it's always a great experience. The key to this experience is to book your reservation around sunset. It's a little earlier, but that means the restaurant is less crowded. The best part is watching the sun set over the strip. It's a beautiful view!
- The club is better than the restaurant.
- We thoroughly enjoyed our food, loved the crab and artichoke dip, as well as the assortment of fresh breads served at the table. The only downside to this restaurant, is the price for a cocktail. We paid $16 for drinks we would have paid half the amount for in Phoenix.