Mah Jong at the Rio
Just The Facts, Please.
Monday - Thursday, 4 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Friday - Saturday, 11 a.m. - 1 a.m.
Sunday, 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.
No Celebrity Chef
Food Court type restaurant
Sample Menu Items
Kung Pao Chicken $10.88
Soup with Noodles and one item $10.88 ($2.88 for each additional item)
Beef Fried Rice $9.88
Mavens Overview: Mah Jong
Mah Jong is a Cantonese fast foodish restaurant. located at the Rio. No table service here, you order at the counter and take away your tray of food.
The Internet Buzz is mostly favorable, taking into account that this is basically a food court restaurant. Mah Jong is open to 11pm weekdays and 1am on weekends so you may have little choice if you want a late night meal. Much better Chinese food can be found across the street at Ping Pang Pong at the Gold Coast, which is open even later, 3am.
Internet Buzz: Mah Jong
- This is some really good Chinese food! It's located in the Rio food court area. I always try to eat here when I stay at the Rio. Everything I've tried has been delish... sweet and sour chicken, beef and broccoli, lo mein, wonton soup.
- Fast food atmosphere - but great food! You order like you're at McDonalds, but when the food comes, it's delicious. You pick up your order when your number is called. Food is served in plastic bowls and plates with plastic utensils (wooden chopsticks though). Prices are high considering the fast food ambiance, but still well worth it.
- I started with really good spring rolls. Then when I saw the size of my main course, I thought twice about finishing my appetizer. The duck soup was piled high with crispy, fatty duck pieces. Underneath was a delicious soup full of egg noodles. I washed it down with a Tsingtao beer.
- Came here to eat after watching Penn & Teller. Thought our options were limited so we settled on quick Chinese food. To my surprise, the noodles are pretty legit.
- I ordered the duck plate and descended to my happy place. The duck was cooked to perfection, it sat atop a bed of white rice & baby bok choy, with some pickled carrots & cucumbers. I had a hard time deciding between the duck or BBQ pork w/egg noodle soup, both are equally delicious.