Gonzalez y Gonzalez at New York New York
Just The Facts, Please.
New York New York
Daily 11am - 1am
No Celebrity Chef
Dulce Latin Night at Gonzalez Y Gonzalez
Fridays & Saturdays, 11pm
Pop and Rock in Español Electronica
Sample Menu Items
Green Chile Pork Tenderloin $15.95
Mavens Overview: Gonzalez y Gonzalez
Gonzalez y Gonzalez at New York New York is a casual Tex Mex restaurant. The internet buzz is favorable. People appreciate the low prices, low for a casino restaurant. The food gets good reviews, particularly the free salsa and chips they serve you when you arrive. Live entertainment on Friday and Saturday night starting at 11pm.
Internet Buzz: Gonzalez y Gonzalez
- I settled on a two-item consisting of a chicken taco and a chile relleno, and after a short wait, they arrived. The food was excellent. In fact, the chicken taco was probably among the best I've had at a sit-down Mexican restaurant. The chile relleno was also excellent, though the breading was a bit on the heavy side. The cheese inside was fantastic and the rice and beans that accompanied the two were good as well.
- This is slightly expensive Mexican food in a nice small dining room. But, for quality, this is among the better Mexican on the Strip.
- A decent "cheap eats" in a casino. I really liked their chicken nachos. The chicken was cooked in a tasty red sauce similar to tinga (tinga is a traditional Mexican dish). I would go back on my next visit to Vegas.
- I was actually pretty surprised by this place. It has a nice atmosphere and really decent prices for an in casino restaurant. The chips and salsa were perfect and the carnitas tacos I had were moist and juicy. Everything served hot and fresh with great ambiance. The beans were pretty tasty, and something most restaurants mess up.
- This restaurant had some of the best food at a reasonable price I have had on the strip. The complimentary chips and salsa were so delicious, I couldn't stop munching on them; they told me it was made from grilled tomatoes and mesquite seasoning.
- This is not the best Mexican food you'll ever eat and definitely not the most authentic, but it was definitely reasonably priced and fairly tasty.
- I have tried a lot of restaurants in Vegas and honestly this is the ONLY place that my BF and I return to on every visit. The environment is casual and the food is so good. Gonzalez y Gonzalez never lets me down!
- The atmosphere/setting of this restaurant is awesome. Located in the New York, New York you will actually feel that you are sitting in an outside table in an alley of the big city. Lighting was of course somewhat dim with some "christmas-type" lights strung above you.
- We really weren't impressed with the food here at all. It started out good though. We both enjoyed the salsas that were brought to the table. The broccoflower soup was a little watery but had great flavor. Everything else was terrible. The chicken tortilla soup was bland. The entrees took far too long and were definitely not worth the wait. The chile lime chicken fajitas tasted like store brought chicken strips. They were pretty much flavorless, with no tasteable chile or lime anywhere.
- Started with the chips and salsa which came with two salsa varieties: a red, smoky salsa and a green and rather spicy salsa. The chips were warm and salty (just the way I like them). We asked for more of the red salsa because we loved the smokiness of it.
- I like this place. Think of Gonzalez Y Gonzalez as like an upscale Chevy's, but with better service and higher quality food.