Gallagher's at New York New York
Just The Facts, Please.
New York New York
Sun - Thurs 4pm - 11pm
Fri - Sat 4pm - 12am
Lunch Hours:12pm - 4pm served at the bar
No Celebrity Chef
Gallagher's is known for their air aged beef, which is air aged for 21 days.
Sample Menu Items
Dry Aged New York Sirloin: Our Signature House-Aged Bone-In Sirloin $39
Colorado Lamb Chops $38
Spinach, Sautéed or Creamed $8
Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes $7
Chopped Vegetable Salad $9
Sauces to Complement your Selection ($2 each) Sauce Béarnaise; Brandied Peppercorn; Carmelized Shallot & Beaujolais
Mavens Overview: Gallagher's
Gallagher's Steakhouse at New York New York is a transplant, appropriately enough of the New York City Steakhouse of the same name, the restaurant where the first New York Strip steak was served. The Manhattan Gallagher's opened as a speakeasy in 1927 by Helen Gallagher, a form er Ziegfield Girl, Edward her husband and Jack Solomon.
Gallagher's is known for serving prime grade dry aged beef. They dry age their beef for 21 days at a constant 36 degrees. The dry aging serves to both tenderize the beef and to enhance its flavor.
The Internet buzz is nearly universally favorable for Gallagher's, although some comment that it is pricey. Most feel the high price is worth it, due to the quality of the beef, and the attention paid in preparation. Vegas is a city with many great Steakhouses, Gallagher's Steakhouse is one of them.
Internet Buzz: Gallagher's
- Best meal I had on my trip! The Prime Rib was excellent and the horseradish was very fresh. Service was excellent.
- This place is awesome, price you say? doesn't really matter when all that is on your mind is a great piece of steak. I can still taste it, mmmm....... Is there such a thing that steak melts in your mouth? well this one did.
- Though a bit pricey, my fillet was super tender and moist. I ordered it medium-rare (as I order all my red meats) and it was cooked perfectly. The creamed spinach was really good as well and definitely went well with the cut of cow in front of me.
- for our entrees we both ordered the dry aged new york steak. When our steak arrived we were in awe. The dry aged new york steak was so thick and huge, it could feed two people! It was juicy and mouthwatering good.
- My meal started off with the soup of the day, which was cream of mushroom on this particular evening. I love cream of mushroom soup. This soup was just phenomenal. I would bathe in it if I could. The only bad thing I can say about it is it's filling. Naturally you should expect that from a cream based soup. I've been day dreaming about this soup ever since I ate it.
- I was not expecting to find a good steakhouse at NY NY, but I was pleasantly surprised. Well, actually, it was more like a shock. I definitely recommend this place. The aged bone-in rib eye was really good and the taste is authentic. If you like steak and you always hit a steakhouse on your Vegas trip... then you should definitely try this place. The taste is Very Unique, Very Gallagher.
- Quiet possibly the most perfectly cooked Fillet Mignon I've ever had! A little pricey but for the quality and service, it was very well worth it! Very nice wine selection, including an 06 Stags Leap petite syrah and a very fair price on Silver Oak Cabernet. Our side dishes included marinated mushrooms and a loaded baked potato, both were amazing, but way too much after such a large cut of beef.!!
- My queen cut prime rib, ordered medium rare, looked more rare under the lighting but was actually closer to medium. The cut was so thick (or maybe it was due to a different reason) that it wasn't as tender or as melt-in-your-mouth flavorful as I like it. I was kind of surprised, considering it's a top steakhouse.
- it was the best steak I've ever had, and better be because it was pricey, but worth it. I had the Cowboy Rib-eye medium rare and it was sooo damn good, melted like butter in my mouth.