Dick's Last Resort at Excalibur
Just The Facts, Please.
Monday - Thursday 1 p.m. - Late
Friday - Sunday 11 a.m. - Late
Are you kidding?
Glorified Bar Food
Live Music plus intentionally rude waitstaff
Sample Menu Items
Mavens Overview: Dick's
Dick's Last Resort at Excalibur, brings to mind the saying "To Each His Own" The premise of Dick's Last Resort is that the waitstaff is supposed to be purposefully insulting and rude to their customers, and the customers are supposed to enjoy it. And after reading countless reviews, I assure you, many people actually do enjoy being insulted at Dick's. The flip side, many unknowing customers are not amused.
As for the food, you're not really coming here for the food, but rather for the experience of being insulted and made to wear a silly hat with some sexual double entendre written on it. Actually, most of the things written on the hat aren't that subtle.
Internet Buzz: Dick's
- The premise of the restaurant is for the servers to treat you like garbage so if you've got thick skin, this is the place for you. It's pretty silly but I can definitely see people taking it the wrong way. On top of that they have great food! I had the best burger of my life there! It is a tad bit pricey but what in Vegas isn't?
- OK I have as good of a sense of humor as the next guy. Probably better. But this place just plain rubbed me the wrong way. I understand the premise of the place, staff treating you like garbage and you're supposed to laugh it off as part of the charm
- My husband and I stopped here and you really have to have a sense of humor. My husband ordered the brisket sandwich and I ordered the buffalo chicken. The brisket was surprising very good and moist but skip the buffalo chicken. It was completely drenched in buffalo sauce and not very good.
- The whole purpose of this restaurant is for the waiter/waitress' to be rude to you, not your usual restaurant. La la la LOVED IT!
- The food was decent, but expensive. Though, I guess that tends to be the theme at Vegas restaurants unless you go really high-end. The drinks were smaller than their prices would suggest. Overall, it was a pretty fun night, but it's the kind of place that I can say, "been there, done that" and I don't really feel the need to go back.
- This place is fun, but the food is not very good.
- They throw napkins at you. They ignore you. They are blatantly rude. And I'm supposed to enjoy this? I can get that ish at home!
- This is the place to be if you're drunk and with a group of friends. The staff are purposely rude, mean, blunt, insulting, and barbarian-ish because that's the point of this place - they're suppose to be "Dicks". I've been here a number of times already and each and every time is a different experience - each visit leaves me with a good chuckle.
- The gimmick is the waiters are rude on purpose (the hostess will flip you off), hand out paper hats and silly bibs, and make an awful racket in general. It'd be sorta cool if only it weren't all so programmed. This place offers live cover bands, and it's also freakin' enormous.