Society Cafe at Encore
Just The Facts, Please.
Open Sunday through Thursday,
7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Friday and Saturday,
7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Friday and Saturday, 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Chef Kim Canteenwalla's wildly imaginative American cooking makes even three square meals hip. From Encore Web Site
Resort casual attire.
Sample Menu Items
Scottish Smoked Salmon - Capers, Onions, Tomatoes, Cream Cheese & Bagel $18
Scrambled Egg Pizza- Spinach, Bacon, and Cheddar Cheese $15
Foraged Mushrooms, Shaved Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Tomatoes, Asparagus, Pecorino Cheese $19
18oz Bone-in CowBoy Ribeye Peppercorn Rub, HerbFries $39
Sirloin Burger $15 or American Kobe Burger $19
Lettuce, Tomato, French Fries
Each Additional Item $1
Caramelized Onion, Tobacco Onions, Bacon, Avocado, Mushroom, Roasted Jalapeno, Cheese - Blue, Swiss, Cheddar, American Fried Egg $3 "Sloppy Joseph Style" $3
Mavens Overview: Society Cafe
Society Cafe is what passes for a coffee shop at the opulent Encore Hotel. While not open 24 hours, as Vegas visitors have come to expect from coffee shops, the hours do cover breakfast, lunch, and dinner 7am-11pm with a later 1am closing on Friday and Saturday.
The Internet Buzz is mixed leaning favorable. The Burgers get good reviews, which are made from Sirloin beef or Kobe American beef, with your choice of toppings, including a fried egg for $3 extra.
Internet Buzz: Society Cafe
- Presentation is everything! From the awesome decor to the very thoughtfully put together dishes. Everything was so pretty I almost did not want to eat it...almost! The pretzel bread sticks with the grainy mustard butter were a wonderful surprise.
- The best thing about this place is the pretzel breadsticks you get to nosh on while you wait for your food.
- I have woken up everyday since returning from Vegas craving their "Oscar Benedict" eggs. For $21 (yes $21 calm down... they're more than worth it) you get crab cakes with poached eggs, asparagus and hollandaise sauce drizzled on top.
- Frosted Flake French toast. Bread dipped in egg batter and coated in crushed frosted flakes, served with caramelized bananas and chocolate whipped cream.
- I know it's located in the Encore, so therefore by default they must over-charge you based on reputation alone, but usually you want to get something good for your money. Sadly, this place serves up mediocre food at a price that simply cannot be justified, regardless of location.
- OMG their burgers.... ARE TO DIE FOR. It's hands down the best burger I've ever had.
- Had the Society omelet while I was waiting for my room to be ready. One of the best omelets I have ever had. Sourdough toast on the side with roasted potatoes. Very good breakfast for 25 bucks.
- Filet Sliders (Caramelized Onions, Horseradish Cream, and side of French Fries): The sliders were delicious; I especially enjoyed the horseradish cream, which gave the sliders a nice kick. The French fries were thin and crispy- just the way I like fries to be.
- A Tasting of Salads (Caesar, Fruits & Nuts, and Iceberg Wedge): All the salads were delicious and fresh. I enjoyed all the different ingredients used in each salad, and each salad had its own unique taste from the sweet Fruit & Nuts salad to the savory Iceberg Wedge to the classic Caesar. My favorite salad was the Fruits & Nuts salad (Field greens, figs, pears, dried cherries and cranberries, and cashews tossed in a sweet pomegranate vinaigrette)
- The food was good. No, I don't dream about it every night and probably won't make the extra effort to come back and eat here if I was staying at another hotel, but it was still considered good.