Roundtable Buffet at Excalibur
Just The Facts, Please.
$14.99; Kids* $10.99 (7 a.m. to 11 a.m.)
$15.99; Kids* $11.99 (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
$19.99; Kids* 15.99 (3 p.m. to 10 p.m.)
*Kids price available for children 5 to 11 years old. $24.99 ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT
$24.99 gets you all-day access to our RoundTable buffet and the accompanying wristband gets you preferred line access! Blackout periods may apply. Wristbands available from the buffet cashier or at the main Excalibur box office.
Mavens Overview: Roundtable
The Roundtable Buffet at Excalibur Hearkens Back to the Days or Yore, oops, Pre-Bellagio Buffets, when the focus was on quantity not quality. If quantity is your metric, The Roundtable is a winner, this is a big buffet with a large variety of offerings.
The Internet Buzz is largely negative, the sampling below, believe it or not, is skewed towards the more favorable comments. That being said, The Roundtable Buffet is better than the Buzz would have you believe. True it's not Bellagio nor even many of the lessor buffets, but there are decent items here. Many items are geared towards kiddies, like corndogs and macaroni and cheese. This is perhaps the only buffet in Vegas with self-serve beverages, a large selection of beverages, including a machine that will add whipped milk to your coffee.
The all day pass is a particularly good deal if you're hanging around Excalibur's neighborhood. Unlike other buffets all-day passes, at Excalibur you get unlimited visits with no waiting in line. If you want a quick snack or perhaps just a coffee break, no problem just flash your wristband and grab an empty table.
Internet Buzz: Roundtable
- What can I say about this place that hasn't already been said! It is a Vegas buffet. It's got a ton of choices, none stellar, none awful. It's perfect if you need to fill up fast while at the Excalibur and not waste your time deciding where to go eat.
- The drink bar. To this day, I've never seen such a large selection of drinks available at a buffet. There was soft drinks, flavored teas, flavored milks, flavored coffees, and all sorts of juices. I love apple juice and I must have had ten glasses! Don't be afraid to go here. You won't find 20 things you like... you'll probably only find 5 good things... but they'll be good and you'll leave full!
- This is a horrible buffet. I have been here twice and both times I questioned those who dragged me in there. The only thing good here is the soda and sometimes the dessert. A bonus though, they have some fruit (apples and bananas) and they are easy to put in your purse and snack on later. The food is poor quality, appears to have been re-heated under a heat lamp from the day before, and everything has a similar color to it when it shouldn't. The vegetables aren't that fresh, the salad bar is limited, and the rest of the hot food is unappealing.
- Walking around the buffet and selecting my food items, I felt like I was in a HomeTown Buffet, but with better quality food. The salad bar was like Souplantion's with knock offs of it's signature dishes like Joan's Broccoli Madness. I found a lot of stuff that I liked, like chicken wings, shrimp cocktail, BBQ ribs and of course the desserts.
- The Au Grain potatoes tasted like cardboard ( yes I know how cardboard tastes); the bbq chicken was tasteless and rubbery; the pork chops in mushroom sauce was tougher than the knife I was using. Please don't get me started on the brisket that tasted like soggy cardboard (yes I used that term again and yes I know how soggy cardboard tastes like); The veggies were oversteamed. I love a little crunch in my cauliflower and broccoli but it melted in my mouth like a receipt disintegrating inside your laundry. No I do not know how that tastes like but it smelled like it.
- Breakfast was awesome. I don't do eggs or cheese, so I can't attest to the omlette-type stuff (though my two friends were big fans). But they had all sorts of meats, stuffed peppers, good sausage, plus lots of yogurt, cereal, granola, fruit, etc. Also, despite at least one previous review, they DID have fresh Eggs Benedict.
- Alright haters, calm it down! Picture this: You're about to eat at a buffet in the Excalibur Hotel which is a cheap older hotel, they offer an eat all day pass to their buffet for $25 and did I mention it's in the Excalibur Hotel? I mean come on, what did you expect when you chose to eat here? I knew exactly what I was getting into and to my surprise they exceeded my expectations and I left a very full and happy diner. Would I eat here again? Absolutely. Would I take part in their $25 all day pass? You betcha.