Barry Manilow at Paris
Just The Facts, Please.
Theatre des Arts at Paris Las Vegas
Manilow performs with a live band and four backup singers.
Over the past 35 years, songs like "Copacabana," "Mandy" and "Can't Smile Without You" have made Barry Manilow a true musical icon. He's the top-selling, top-charting adult contemporary artist of all time, with 80 million records sold to date and 25 consecutive Top 40 hits between 1975 and 1983.From Paris Las Vegas Website
Mavens Overview: Barry Manilow
Barry Manilow performs Friday through Sunday at 7:30pm at the Theatre des Arts at Paris. His show includes alive band and four backup singers. The show is more a concert than big production show like Cher or Bette Midler's at Caesars Palace. Fortunately for Barry most people seem to prefer it that way.
The show gets favorable Internet Buzz, even from non-fans. there many comments that,"Barry puts on a great show". Barry performs all his classic songs, plus some covers in this roughly hour and one half show.
Internet Buzz: Barry Manilow
- This concert is about the ultimate manilow album. Its basically a greatest hits album with some cover songs thrown in for good measure. All his hits are there, Mandy, looks like we made it, copa cabanna etc. His band and backup singers really help his songs come together. I wouldn't mind seeing it again.
- He performed a lot of his greatest hits and he did a few solos on the piano. The great part about it was that every time we thought the show was over and he was saying his thanks, he would pump up the audience and sing some more! It was a lot of fun! I would definitely see it again!
- I am not a "Fanilow" and can I say "WOW"! Barry put on a fantastic show.
- He tells stories between songs, and he's very engaging. He shows video clips, and it's fun to see how the clothes and the hair has changed throughout the years. And of course, there are so many songs that you will recognize and know the words to... even if you are not a "Fanilow."
- I will start off stating that we have seen Cher and Bette Midler and were very disappointed that those were more production than concert so we did not know what to expect which we did not enjoy or or enjoy spending so much money on. That being said we were very pleased with this concert. He performed for an hour and twenty minutes straight.
- What I like about the Paris show is the production. There are several high definition screens that display works of art, pictures of New York City, and some psychedelic-like art at the end of the show. The panels add a beauty and class to the show that raises it above what it was at the Hilton. The 9 piece band and 4 back up singers are all very good, and the show moves along with a good pace.
- Barry Manilow's new gig at the Paris Las Vegas is absolutely worthwhile. Due to my age and all the baggage of presuppositions about Barry Manilow, I wasn't exactly excited about going to see him in concert. I was wrong. He gives an AMAZING performance! He has great stage presence, and uses it to make you actually feel like he loves what he does.