Zeffirino Restaurant at the Venetian
Just The Facts, Please.
11:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m - 2:30 p.m.
4:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Entrees start at $16
Four Course Prix-fix available for $39.95
Restaurant overlooks Venetian's shopping mall, complete with canal and gondolas.
Sample Menu Items
From Zeffino's website:
Pastas—all homemade on the premises—are simply astounding, dressed with lobster meat and baby shrimp in a light tomato sauce; vegetables in tomato cream gravy; pesto or beans, artichokes and shrimp. Pasta pillows and ravioli are also heavenly whether simply filled with homemade cheese and spinach, or the more complex and sophisticated veal and parmesan cheese. Risotti are equally special flavored with shaved black truffle or lobster and saffron.
Fresh fish are always the catch of the day and taste as though they have jumped right from the sea into your plate. They run the gamut from Branzino, a Mediterranean Bass, pan seared with wine, tomato and tender calamari, to Grouper with white wine, herbs and capers accompanied by a pumpkin rice timballo to tuna steak with artichokes in a balsamic vinegar reduction. All the fish as well as the two-pound lobsters can be simply grilled as well, sprinkled with fresh herbs and scrumptious olive oil.
Meat and poultry are unusually prepared as well, filet in Barolo wine sauce, truffles and portobello mushrooms; capon breast filled with prosciutto and black truffles swathed in blackberry sauce, lamb chops braised with garlic, olive oil and rosemary.
Mavens Overview: Zeffirino
Zeffrino is a long-standing restaurant at the Venetian, opened in 1999. The restaurant is a transplant from Genova, Italy, and has been operated by the Belloni Family since 1939. In addition to the Genova and Vegas locations the family has restaurants in Spain and China.
The Internet Buzz is mixed, for both the food and ambiance. If you buy into the Venetian theme, and facade, you'll appreciate the ambiance at Zeffrino, if you view the whole Vegas themeing as too Disneyesque, you'll probably not want to choose another restaurant. The food receives both rave and panned reviews. Interestingly, the bathrooms are universally raved about, if nice bathrooms are a key deciding where to eat, put Zeffrino at the top of your list.
Internet Buzz: Zeffirino
- From the moment you walk in, it's classic Italian in every sense. Beautiful decor, dark wood, great Italian music, beautiful seafood displayed at the bar and REAL Italians speaking Italian. We make our way upstairs where the dining room is and were sat promptly. Everyone was so nice and inviting.
- Zeffirino is so concerned with maintaining it's fake upscale, fake Italian image, that it almost forgets to pay attention to the food. Yep, you heard me: the food is an afterthought here. If you don't believe me, check out their website, which is dedicated to the decor more than the menu.
- Zeffirino's staff is attentive and offer a WOW factor. Anytime I thought of something, their staff seemed to have provided it already. Service is key to making guests happy, but the food will get them to return. And I'll definitely return!
- Tiramisu, $12 -They serve a small portion in this cone-shaped glass and it was some of the best tiramisu I've ever had. Perfectly soaked lady fingers, not too sweet, light and airy mascarpone and Zabaglione. Would have liked more tiramisu, but the quality is excellent!
- the lasting memory about this place was the bathrooms. I actually took a picture so I could send it to my mom (she loves gold). Your 'stall' is really your own little bathroom, complete with mouthwash to freshen your breath after your meal. If you eat here, just make sure to check out the bathroom.
- The restaurant is in the Grand Canal Shoppes at the Venetian. The room itself is upstairs overlooking the Canal. It has the feel of an Italian villa.