Taqueria Canonita at the Venetian
Just The Facts, Please.
11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday-Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Located in the Canal Walkway, so you can listen to the Singing Gondoliers while you eat.
Sample Menu Items
San Luis Pollo Rostizado
Achiote marinated breast of chicken with sautéed napa cabbage, tomatoes, black-eyed peas, crispy bacon, panela cheese and crispy onions. $18
Soñora Filet Mignon
Grilled tenderloin steak with our Cañonita spice, served with a huitlacoche tamale, seasonal vegetables and a pasilla de Oaxaca reduction $30
México City Chicken Enchiladas
Three corn enchiladas rolled with shredded chicken, topped with queso fresco and our Chefs special sauce served with cilantro rice and black beans. $17
Zacatecas Chile Relleno
Poblano chile stuffed with Mexican cheeses, dried fruits, almonds, guajillo sauce, served with jicama orange salad and seasonal vegetables. $18
Mavens Overview: Taqueria Canonita at the Venetian
Taqueria Canonita is the Mexican restaurant at the Venetian, which as many people have commented in the internet buzz, it is an unusual juxtaposition to have a Mexican restaurant in a Italian themed casino. In the hodgepodge of Vegas no one seems to mind, and in fact, many like the idea of eating Mexican food next to a faux canal, with gondoliers singing Italian arias.
The food at Taqueria Canonita receives favorable Internet Buzz, and the reasonable prices are particularly appreciated. For some reason the service received many negative comments, hopefully this will be ameliorated.
Internet Buzz: Taqueria Canonita at the Venetian
- Only in Las Vegas can you eat at a Mexican restaurant that's next to a replica of the Venice canal with gondolier's singing O Sole Mio.
- VERY good mexican restaurant. BY FAR the best I've been in Vegas. Had a grilled cheese with jalapeños with flour tortillas, a pink cadillac cocktail, filet mignon (with a side of shrimps and mushroom tamale) and corn creme brule. Everything was spot on. Very friendly staff .
- I thought it was rather funny to have a traditional Mexican restaurant in the Venetian... and right on the canal too! The food was surprisingly delicious, but the service was a little iffy.... just slow and it seemed like a long conversation just to put one order in. Despite the speed, the food came out perfect.
- I ordered the torta carne. Super soft bread, tender steak topped with cheese, salsa and sweet caramelized onions. The sandwich seemed huge and was accompanied by a giant pile of fresh mixed greens with a light house vinaigrette. We had great service and great food. Affordable and tasty. Would definitely eat here again.
- The service. Holy guacamole. I couldn't tell you how BAD it was. (okay, you insist so let me tell you)
- If you are looking for a cheap meal it's possible by ordering the taco platter that comes with the beans and rice. One beer, two tacos, rice, beans and some chips and salsa and you are out of there for less than $20.
- There are a few highlights in Taqueria Cañonita, like the poblano chile stuffed with cheeses, almonds, dried fruits and rice.
- I always have a good time there. This is the place you just walk into when you feel like it. I never made a reservation with this place before, I just walk in when I feel like having some good Mexican food in a nice casual comfortable setting. The food is good. Their roast pork, beef ribs and some desserts, they are all delicious.
- My chicken enchiladas were excellent and I would highly recommend them topped with the molé poblano sauce as it adds a wonderful kick. The black beans and cilantro rice were the perfect sides.
- I've never met a chile relleno I didn't like, and the one at Taqueria Canonita was especially creative and interesting. The vegetarian entrees at most Mexican restaurants can be dull, but not here.
- Good guac at this place... spicy salsas too. Taqueria Canonita is one of my favorite mexican spots in vegas. I love the location- inside the venetian shops and open air to the gondolas. You can sit right at the edge and see the gondolas go by and sing. All of the food that I've had here was good quality, good size portions (I'm usually STUFFED when I leave here), and tasty margs.