Kokomo's at The Mirage
Just The Facts, Please.
Daily from 5:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
No Celebrity Chef.
Average check $65
The Mirage's Tropical Atrium provides the Tropical ambiance for Kokomo's.
Sample Menu Items
Prix fixe $39.99 per person.
Marinated Beet Salad
Baby Cress, Goat Cheese & Balsamic Vinaigrette
Smoked Pepper Relish & Cilantro
Duck Confit Caesar
Baby Romaine Lettuce & Sweet Garlic
Pan Seared Sustainably Farmed Salmon
Braised Root Vegetables & Tomato Hollandaise
Filet Mignon & Crab Gratin
Caramelized Onion Mashed Potatoes, Wilted Kale & Pinot Noir Reduction
Thyme Roasted Chicken Breast
Beluga Lentils, Baby Carrots & Madeira Jus
Buttermilk Spice Cake
Milk Chocolate Torte
Vanilla Scented Oranges
KOKOMO'S LOBSTER BISQUE $14
Flakey Puff Pastry Dome
PORTERHOUSE STEAK 26 oz. $46
VEAL RIB CHOP $42
14 oz. Grilled Rib Chop with a Marsala Reduction
Mavens Overview: Kokomo's
Kokomo's has been using the spectacular Rainforest Atrium at the Mirage to full-effect since 1989, the year The Mirage opened, and changed the Vegas landscape forever.
Kokomo's garners mostly positive Internet Buzz, particularly for the tropical ambiance. Kokomo's is a relative bargain for a Strip Steakhouse, the portions are large and they'll even offer you a gourmet sauce for your steak at no additional charge.
Steak Sauces: Cabernet Mushroom, Rosemary Garlic, Brandied Peppercorn, Spicy Béarnaise or Horseradish Hollandaise
Internet Buzz: Kokomo's
- A great restaurant has been made even better, thanks to a recent redesign by Adam D. Tihany. Schools of iridescent stainless steel fish swim overhead, toward palms beyond the restaurant's borders. Pillars laced with computerized lights are programmed to simulate fireflies.
- The setting is great, right below the trees of the hotel's indoor rainforest. Quick word or warning before I forget, they give you a lot of food here.
- Dining here makes you feel like your eating in a tropical rainforest, GREAT ambiance! Ordered from the pre-fix menu: appetizer crispy shrimp with smoked pepper relish, and cilantro, the combination of this dish was amazing i wish they would've gave me more of this but it was only a small amount, what a tease! ...Entree the filet mignon and crab gratin, i seriously cleaned my plate out on this one. Dessert milk chocolate torte which was a perfect way to top things off. All this for 40$ from their pre fixe menu. Good deal!
- Chose from their prix fixe menu. Everything about the dinner was perfect...The ambience of Kokomo's is very nice. If you're familiar with the Mirage, it's a part of the area under the dome - the atrium with live palm trees, blooming orchids, and tourists in the distance walking through the atrium.
- Kokomo's lobster bisque is so well-established that General Manager told me his regulars have demanded it stay on the menu. After breaking through a pastry hat and spooning up the creamy chunks of lobster meat, I understand.
- I ordered off the pre fixe menu which came with fried shrimp as an app, salmon over roasted root veggies with a tomato hollandaise, and chocolate cake for dessert. The shrimp was tempura style (you get four) were large, but were a bit on the oily side. The salmon must have been cooked by a trainee (bad texture, diner quality), the root veggies were average and the hollandaise was delicious. The chocolate cake was decent. The mandarin pieces on the side were yummy.
- Best crab legs I've ever had. Got 1 lb of crab legs for and I couldn't even finish them. You can definitely split them with another person and add a salad or side and it would be perfect. They are sliced in half so you don't have to go through all the messy work of getting all crab meat out.
- I had the daily special of halibut which was served in lemon butter with capers over sautéed spinach. It was delicious. I would get this again. My friend had the Australian lobster. It was good and pretty big but perhaps a bit rubbery. I would pick the halibut over the lobster. We also shared sides of asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes, and macaroni and cheese, all of which were good and were large servings.
- My favorites: Crab cakes, Surf & Turf and the Butterscotch dessert, especially the dessert - it was like an Orgasm every time I had a taste, I would go back JUST FOR THAT DESSERT!!
- I have to say one of my favorite things about the restaurant was the ambiance. It had a great feel. I really enjoy it.
- Their steaks are served a la carte, which get's a bit pricey. But let it be known that these are HUGE cuts. I had the ribeye done medium rare and it was delicious! Perfectly seared on the outside, with a warm, red tender inside. I couldn't be happier with it.
- Their Kobe beef was best piece of steak I've ever had. That 3/8 inch slab of cow was so soft and tender I didn't even need a knife to cut it into smaller portions. I simply used my fork. The meat melted in my mouth like a warm piece of rich chocolate...*sigh* Beautiful, just beautiful. The bad part was that they charged us $150 for this dish...*whew*.