Nobhill Tavern at MGM Grand
Just The Facts, Please.
Sunday - Thursday, 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday, 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Michael Mina's interpretation of modern American tavern fare.
Entrees $20+;Steaks $28-$52
Only restaurant offering Late Night Happy Hour
Sample Menu Items
Maine Lobster Pot Pie
Baby Vegetables, Truffled Cream
Truffled Mac & Cheese $12
AMERICAN KOBE BURGER
"SECRET SAUCE", BALSAMIC ONIONS,
CHEDDAR, HOUSE-BAKED BUN $20
FINGERLING POTATOES, FENNEL
BABY LEEKS, PEARL ONIONS, PEI MUSSELS
TOMATO SAFFRON BROTH $35
GRILLED BEEF SHORT RIBS
GREEN CHILE POLENTA, GRILLED
SCALLION, RANCHERO SAUCE $34
Mavens Overview: Nobhill Tavern
Nobhill Tavern at the MGM Grand is yet another Michael Mina restaurant. The focus at Nobhill is on upscale tavern food, such as kobe beef hamburgers and Grilled Pork Tenderloin.
The restaurant offers a late night Happy Hour 10pm to midnight, with food and drink specials.
Late Happy Hour Food
New England Crab & Lobster Rolls
Fines Herbs, Parker House Roll
Beer Battered Shrimp
Avocado Lime Dip
BBQ Pork Sliders
Corn Pudding, Jalapeno
Pork Spare Ribs
South Carolina BBQ Sauce
The Internet Buzz is mostly favorable: for food, service and ambiance, with the food getting the strongest accolades, which is as it should be.
Internet Buzz: Nobhill Tavern
- The decor is impressive. Even though we didn't get one of the secluded booths, if we make it back to Vegas, we will be sure to request one of these.
- A poor man's version of the other Michael Mina joints. Noisy and crowded, with a wait staff that can't handle the size. The food is what you'd expect from Michael Mina - outstanding and unique tastes and combinations.
- We were quite surprised at the variety of dress on the diners around us. We didn't feel uncomfortable being somewhat dressed-up (for us, anyway), and I don't think the couple next to us felt out-of-place in nice shorts and a collared pullover.
- First of all, I love the dark & cozy decor in Nobhill, and while they call it a tavern, it is definitely one of the most upscale "taverns" I have ever been in. The trio of breads in the basket were delicious and came with herb infused olive oil for dipping. This was a great little starter as all of us were pretty hungry.
- For an appetizer we ordered the grilled cheese fondue-such a simple idea why hadn't I thought of this? Grilled cheese squares dunked into tomato soup! How could this NOT be good?
- The lobster pot pie was fabulous, as billed, but the service was lacking. Our waiter disappeared for a half an hour.
- We heard this place had an amazing Kobe beef hamburger. ... they indeed do have a fantastic Kobe hamburger, with french fries, sides wines and drink specials that are fantastic. The service was great, attentive but not hovering.
- NobHill Tavern is a stylish little spot with a late nite happy hour menu from 10-midnight, with drink specials and appetizers/small plates for just $8 apiece. The apps include comfort food selections with a fancy Michael Mina twist, like lobster rolls, pork sliders, spare ribs and beer-battered shrimp.