L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon at MGM Grand
Just The Facts, Please.
MGM Grand next to Joel Robuchon's eponymous Michelin 3 star restaurant, which is adjacent to the Ka theater.
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Tasting Menus Starting at $75.
Counter service available.
Sample Menu Items
Pommes Purée (mashed potatoes)
La Caille au Foie Gras (Free-range quail stuffed with foie gras)
Le Rumsteack en Tartare et ses Frites ŗ L'ancienne (Steak Tartar)
Mavens Overview: L'Atelier
The highest number of Michelin stars a restaurant can earn is three, so how is Joel Robuchon able to bring MGM Grand four Michelin stars? He opens L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon next door to his three Michelin star restaurant, and earns a single Michelin star for the restaurant.
More casual than the next door restaurant, with available counter service where your dinner is prepared right before your eyes. Tapas and a tasting menu are available, in addition to full menu.
The internet buzz is favorable, with many comments such as, dish A or dish B is the best version of that dish that I've ever had. If you're looking for a top rate Vegas restaurant with a more casual atmosphere, put L'Atelier at the top of your list.
Internet Buzz: L'Atelier
- The 1 star Michelin L'Atelier "workshop" de JoŽl Robuchon is the less pricier 'tapas' version of the original next door (3 star Michelin). Nonetheless, L'Atelier was an exceptional experience.
- Smoked Salmon with potato cake - The best smoked salmon I have ever had, no joke, so smooth, it just melts in your mouth. The potato cake was delicious, it went so well with the smoked salmon and dill creme fraiche, the three together were just fantastic.
- Dress code: don't need to dress too formally, dressy casual is totally acceptable!
- Foie gras ravioli in warm chicken broth with herbs was my favorite dish of the evening. Tiny pockets of delightfulness all wrapped up. OMG. I am still dreaming of them.
- Had the foie gras stuffed quail and truffle mashed potatoes and boy was that heavenly! The quail had such great flavor and seriously melted in my mouth. Wow.
- I tried my best to enjoy their Discovery Menu, but just could not find the "wow" factor I was looking for.
- Poached Baby Kushi Oysters served with French Butter and the caviar supplement. The oysters were so rich and flavorful; i've never had cooked oysters before. The slight poaching brings out the oyster flavor, as did the osetra caviar. There was an oceanic explosion in my mouth as I sampled that with the champagne!
- Langoustine Carpaccio with toasted poppy seed dressing; the dressing was made of an exquisite olive oil, poppy seeds, a bit of pepper, and fleur de sel. This was one of the best dishes!
- The experience was amazing. The ultra chic black and red lacquer bar is fun to sit at and look into the open kitchen as they prepare ever so carefully every morsel.