The Range Steakhouse at Harrahs
Just The Facts, Please.
Opens at 5 p.m. daily
No Celebrity Chef
Entrees $35+; Appetizers $15-ish; Sides $7 each.
Nice View of the Strip.
Sample Menu Items
Tempura Diver Scallops (appetizer) $16
With applewood smoked bacon, beurre blanc and tempura seasonal vegetables
Brandied Lobster Bisque $9
Maine lobster and crème fraîche
"Kobe" Short Rib $35
With horseradish whipped potatoes and natural au jus
20 oz. Grilled Bone-In Rib Eye $44
With herb compound butter
Boneless 18 oz. New York Steak Delmonico Style $44
Coated with a garlic Dijon mustard and covered with a brandied peppercorn sauce
Dipping Sauces - $2 each or all 3 for $5
Caramelized Onion Demi • Red Port Wine Reduction • Brandied Peppercorn Sauce
Lobster Gnocchi $34
Crimini mushrooms, English peas in a butter cream sauce
Mavens Overview: Range
The Range Steakhouse at Harrahs has more in common with Vegas Steakhouse pre Steve Wynn than the current Celebrity driven Vegas Steakhouses. The quote below, from the Internet Buzz section, states this even more succinctly.
They are not reinventing anything here, they have the typical sides and salads but they are executed very well.
The restaurant is located on the second floor, with large windows overlooking the Strip. As with the food, the decor isn't trying to win any awards, but rather offers a pleasant respite from the noisy casino below.
The Internet Buzz is mostly favorable, many comments that people appreciate a good straight-up Steakhouse.
Internet Buzz: Range
- They had cozy booths, with windowed walls with a view overlooking the strip... my husband, STILL, will not stop talking about how it was the best meal he ever had, He started with the escargot gushing how perfectly they were cooked and how the butter was marvelous. In addition, the piano player was a great way to set the mood for a romantic dinner.
- For starters, you take an elevator up from the casino floor to the restaurant. You are immediately transported from the loud flashy casino to a dimly lit and relaxed restaurant with a great view of the Strip.
- I ate at The Range with family and we had a blast at a huge round table over-looking the Vegas Strip. The lighting was PERFECT as it was dark and mysterious.
- The Range Steakhouse was absolutely outstanding. The atmosphere is nice -- there was a piano bar and the music filters through the dimply lit restaurant. The views of the Strip are awesome.
- A 20 oz cut of prime rib, medium. Omg..if you like beef..this is for you! It ranks right up there with some of the best prime rib that I have had. Tender and very flavorful!
- Not cheap but less expensive than most and a good selection of dry aged prime steaks grilled perfect. They are not reinventing anything here, they have the typical sides and salads but they are executed very well. We also had a particularly friendly waiter and good service.
- Believe it or not it is hard to find a place in Vegas that serves multiple cuts of dry aged prime steaks, most have one or two signature cuts and the rest are "wet aged" (especially filets) or they want to charge you ridiculous by the ounce prices for some specialty beef, not here. The menu says all the steaks are prime and dry aged
- I had the Delmonico pepper crusted steak, rare to a max of medium rare. It was superb. It was dressed with a wonderful caramelized onion demi-glace sauce.
- Delmonico pepper crusted steak is what it's about. They cook it perfectly to the tee. Really flavorful and well-priced considering the quantity and quality of meat you're getting. The restaurant is for you true steak lovers out there. It is probably Vegas' best kept secret in the Harrahs' hotel. Not the most exciting location to go for a night on the town, but you won't be disappointed. Their garlic steak fries are AMAZING and huge!
- I got the large cut of prime rib and my wife got the filet mignon. Both of which were among the best cuts of beef we have ever had. We both agreed my prime rib made it up there to our top 3 list of best steak dinners ever. We also ordered the creamed spinach as a side dish and it was very good.
- Greatest bone in rib eye I have ever had!! It was cooked to perfection with a savory butter crust on the outside and cooked med rare on the inside. My steak was about 3 in thick and still cooked well throughout. Service and view here are great!! We were seated next to the large windows that look out towards Caesars palace and Las Vegas Blvd.