Nobu Restaurant at the Hard Rock
Just The Facts, Please.
Hard Rock Hotel
6pm-11pm; Seven Days
Modern and Authentic Japanese cuisine
OMAKASE – CHEF’S CHOICE
Experience the essence of Chef Matsuhisa’s cuisine with multi-course
$100 $150 per person and up;
Chef's Sushi Dinner $75
The specialty of the house is black cod with miso (a sweet mirin-saké sauce) served in butter lettuce cups.
Sample Menu Items
Toro with Spicy Miso and Caviar $45
Black Cod with Miso $22
Chilean Sea Bass with Black Bean Sauce or Dried Miso $45
Mavens Overview: Nobu
Japanese Restaurant Owner and Chef, Nobu Matsuhisa brings part fo his Nobu Restaurant Empire to Las Vegas at the Hard Rock hotel. There are roughly twenty other Nobu restauarants worldwide, I lost track after my tenth finger. Nobu resaurants ate noted for their Japanese fusion cuisine, with heavy South American influences. The restaurant has been awarded a single star by the Michelin guide.
The signature dish at Nobu is "Black Cod with Miso" and according to some reviews, this dish alone is enough to put Nobu at the top of your Vegas restaurant list.
The internet buzz is strongly favorable, with only the wait-staff getting mixed reviews.
Internet Buzz: Nobu
- One word: DELICIOUS. Honestly, what more can I say that hasn't already been said. Go. It's incredible. Fresh. Delicious. Amazing. I left full and very, very happy. :)
- The cucumber martini was so very refreshing I am still craving it. The yellow tail sashimi with jalapeno has the best citrus soy sauce
- The Kobe beef carpaccio and the tiradito with chili paste, cilantro and the yuzu/lemon juices are two musts
- Nobu is actually a japanese fusion restaurant, so for all of you purest out there, this is not your dining of choice.
- The food is just SO good that you have to forgive rude service and ridiculous prices.
- It is a small place, the wait staff all look like rock stars, even if they are faking sexy accents (I swear the last waiter I had went from Spanish to Brazilian to Puerto Rican throughout the course of the meal, but he was hot, so I didnt mind)
- Some highlights of our dinner were: the tuna tempura roll, spicy seafood soup, the toro sushi, and the soft shell crab roll.
- A beautifully decorated place inside the Hard Rock. It has exotic plants and an amazing bartender. The service was impeccable, and the food was to die for. My favorite dish was the scallops wrapped in lettuce.
- Black Cod Miso, Black Cod Miso, Black Cod Miso that is all you really need to know.
- Black Cod with Miso - OMG - I just got goosebumps thinking about this dish. It is hands down the best thing I have ever put in my mouth.