Prime Steakhouse at Bellagio
Just The Facts, Please.
5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Michelin Three Star rated chef and restaurateur:
Great View of Bellagio Fountains.Best Steakhouse in Vegas! PRIME at Bellagio.
Sample Menu Items
Peppercorn New York: Steak Red Onion Compote
Rack of Lamb: Smoked Chili Glaze & Broccoli Rabe
Dover Sole: Haricot Vert Almondine
Roasted Duck Breast Almond Crust & Red Wine - Amaretto Sauce
Truffle Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Sicilian Pistachios
Prime Onion Soup Gruyère & Emmanthaler
Mavens Overview: Prime
Jean-Georges Vongerichten is one of the most celebrated chefs in the world, his Jean Georges restaurant in New York City was awarded three Michelin Stars. Jean-Georges Vongerichten 's passion for food is highlighted in the following quote attributed to him:
"The best day of my life was my 16th birthday, when my parents took me to L'Auberge de l'Ill, a Michelin three-star restaurant in Alsace".
On his blog Jean-Georges Vongerichten discusses how he manages to maintain the top level of customer service at his many restaurants.
I can't be at every restaurant all the time, so to ensure quality, I focus on hiring, training, and retaining the very best staff. I will always hire a nice person with no experience over a not-so-nice person with lots of four-star experience. I can teach anyone how to serve properly, but I can't teach someone how to smile.
Mario Batali in speaking about Jean-Georges stated:
"He invented America's answer to nouvelle cuisine". "When I first came to New York, his book Simple Cuisine was the holy grail for young chefs"
Classically trained Jean-Georges in some sense reinvented haute cuisine, substituting vegetable juices and infused oils for butter and cream sauces while introducing Asian ingredients like lemongrass and ginger into the classical vocabulary. Vongerichten's fusion cuisine became the new standard by which restaurants were measured.
So, what does the aforementioned mean to someone interested in dining at a steakhouse. The basics are just a touch more exotic than what you'll find at other Steakhouses. The following are the sauces and mustards that are offered with each meat dish.
Béarnaise, Soy - Rice Wine, Peppercorn, Miso-Mustard
Violet-Dijon, Horseradish-Green Peppercorn, Herbes de Provence, Whole Grain
The internet buzz is strongly positive all around: food, service, decor, and of course, for views of The Bellagio Fountains.Best Steakhouse in Vegas! PRIME at Bellagio.
Internet Buzz: Prime
- This was one of the first celebrity chef steak houses in Las Vegas. Jean-George Vongerichten created an environment that is distinctly unsteak house in decor. I have to give him credit for having the guts to avoid the testosterone atmospherics of the traditional steak house.
- Plush velvet draping, powder blue marble floors and Baccarat crystal chandeliers are vivid reminders that Prime is more than a steakhouse, it's an experience. The posh surroundings are warm, inviting and yes ... romantic...the modish dining room is adjoined by a garden patio.
- Enjoyed a Delmonico steak that was as good as I have had anywhere, melt in your mouth excellent, someone else had the duck which I sampled and it was also done perfectly.
- Inside the Bellagio Hotel is The best restaurant in America ! .. Sea food platter for a table of 10....get your scuba gear ready and dive...I've never seen a presentation like that,..totally awsome. The Steak & Garlic mashed potatos, wine selection to die for, .... The Art Deco decor is out of this world, phenomenal service, everything is just extraordinary ...I wish I lived next door.
- I did not appreciate the attitude of the snooty staff and hostesses. This place is over-the-top pretentious.
- The house sauce for the beef is to die for. It's a homemade soy rice wine and perfectly complements the meat.
- The wine list was 24 pages long! I had a glass of Rhumbauer Chardonnay ($15), an 8 oz. Filet ($40), a side caesar salad ($14), and potatoes gratin daphinois ($8). The filet was hands down the BEST STEAK I HAVE EVER HAD. It was tender, flavorful, and cooked to perfection. The caesar salad was a little lemony, but still very tasty. The potatoes were amazing. Basically potatoes au gratin, but with several different cheeses (Gruyere, Reggiano, etc.).
- Prime Steakhouse was amazing! Yes Woohoo! As good as it gets! The service was impeccable. That coming from me is pretty big, since I think I go out more to test establishments on their customer services more than the food. The ambiance was breathtaking, you cant beat having a romantic dinner with your husband as the Bellagio fountains shoot off synchronized with music next to you...in Vegas. The food. THE FOOD! My husband says his steak was the BEST steak he's ever had in his life. Now that's a bold statement since we've eaten at some great steakhouses.
- For sides, we had their spicy mac and cheese, truffle mashed potatoes (DROOL...I could have had the whole thing on my own), sauteed mushrooms, and specially ordered caramelized onions. All were great sides.
- Service was great, not too pushy, but they were always there when you needed them!
- First of all, this restaurant oozes high class and high expectations. I enjoyed the ambiance and loved how you can view the water fountain show while enjoying your meal!
- First of all, it's beautiful. Second, the staff is soooo nice - and not fake nice - like genuinely "I like my job" nice.
- The real treat however was the sauces they brought out. At first I was appalled a steakhouse would suggest a sauce, let alone bring out three, but I skeptically tried each one on some small pieces of my steak, and boy was I happy I did. Both the bearnaise and peppercorn sauces were very tasty and worked well with the steaks adding flavor but not overpowering them. The real winner was the house rice wine sauce however; they could have served the worst steak ever and paired it with this sauce and still gotten me to finish it.